Sunday, March 6, 2016

Should I lend my sister some money towards an overpriced London flat?

Should a reader lend someone some money for what they think is a bad investment? Photograph: Felix Clay for the Guardian

Every week a Guardian Money reader submits a question, and it's up to you to help him or her out – a selection of the best answers will appear in next Saturday's paper.

This week's question:

My sister is begging me for £12,000 for a deposit on a £350,000 one-bed flat in Lewisham, London. I can afford it, but I think the place is way overpriced. If I lend the money I'll be letting her make a dreadful mistake. If I don't, it will seriously damage our relationship. What should I do?

Do you have a problem readers could solve? Email your suggestions to money@theguardian.com or write to us at Money, The Guardian, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU.


Source: Should I lend my sister some money towards an overpriced London flat?

No comments:

Post a Comment